Click the Study Aids tab at the bottom of the book to access your Study Aids (usually practice quizzes and flash cards).
Study Pass is our latest digital product that lets you take notes, highlight important sections of the text using different colors, create "tags" or labels to filter your notes and highlights, and print so you can study offline. Study Pass also includes interactive study aids, such as flash cards and quizzes.
Highlighting and Taking Notes:
If you've purchased the All Access Pass or Study Pass, in the online reader, click and drag your mouse to highlight text. When you do a small button appears – simply click on it! From there, you can select a highlight color, add notes, add tags, or any combination.
If you've purchased the All Access Pass, you can print each chapter by clicking on the Downloads tab. If you have Study Pass, click on the print icon within Study View to print out your notes and highlighted sections.
To search, use the text box at the bottom of the book. Click a search result to be taken to that chapter or section of the book (note you may need to scroll down to get to the result).
View Full Student FAQs
Chapter 8 Financial Structure, Transaction Costs, and Asymmetric Information
By the end of this chapter, students should be able to:
- Describe how nonfinancial companies meet their external financing needs.
- Explain why bonds play a relatively large role in the external financing of U.S. companies.
- Explain why most external finance is channeled through financial intermediaries.
- Define transaction costs and explain their importance.
- Define and describe asymmetric information and its importance.
- Define and explain adverse selection, moral hazard, and agency problems.
- Explain why the financial system is heavily regulated.