Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- Money, Banking, and Your World
- The Financial System
- Interest Rates
- The Economics of Interest-Rate Fluctuations
- The Economics of Interest-Rate Spreads and Yield Curves
- Rational Expectations, Efficient Markets, and the Valuation of Corporate Equities
- Financial Structure, Transaction Costs, and Asymmetric Information
- Bank Management
- Innovation and Structure in Banking and Finance
- The Economics of Financial Regulation
- The Financial Crisis of 2007–2008
- Central Bank Form and Function
- The Money Supply Process
- The Money Supply and the Money Multiplier
- Monetary Policy Tools
- Monetary Policy Targets and Goals
- Foreign Exchange
- International Monetary Regimes
- Money Demand
- IS-LM in Action
- Aggregate Supply and Demand, the Growth Diamond, and Financial Shocks
- Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms
- Inflation and Money
- Rational Expectations Redux: Monetary Policy Implications
Money and Banking, v. 1.0
by Robert E. Wright and Vincenzo Quadrini
23.6 Suggested Reading
Baumol, William, Robert Litan, and Carl Schramm. Good Capitalism, Bad Capitalism, and the Economics of Growth and Prosperity. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2007.
Haber, Stephen, Douglass North, and Barry Weingast. Political Institutions and Financial Development. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2008.
Powell, Benjamin. Making Poor Nations Rich: Entrepreneurship and the Process of Economic Development. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2008.
Wright, Robert E. One Nation Under Debt: Hamilton, Jefferson, and the History of What We Owe. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008.