9.7 Sample Business Plan
Business Plan Overview Template for AddVintner (confidential draft)
What is your mantra considering differentiation through innovation or perish or cost reduction (3–10 words on why your company should exist and company name)?
AddVintner: Creating fine wine before its time.
What is the overall mission of the business (1–3 sentences on what your company does or will do)?
We will develop high-tech refrigeration devices that will significantly reduce the time to age wines for a broad range of customers.
How will you make money in terms of product differentiation, being the low-cost producer, or both?
We plan on offering at least two products. One is targeted at the wine connoisseurs, aficionado, and expensive restaurants/clubs. The other product will be targeted toward wine enthusiasts and dabblers. The high-end products will be priced in the $1,500–$2,500 range. The low-end product will start at $400.
What are your goals and objectives over the next 3 months to year (2–6 phrases on precise performance intentions)?
- Sell 5,000 units of $2,000 unit by December.
- Sell 10,000 units of $400 unit by December.
- Conduct research on the effectiveness of the wine aging process.
What tactics will you use over the next 3 months to a year to reach your objectives and mission (2–8 phrases)?
- Purchase warehouse for manufacturing by March.
- Conduct additional research on the viability of the aging process.
- Hire additional designers to develop product portfolio.
- Develop marketing strategy by March.
- Develop production process by May.
- Hire 10 employees by June.
- Start advertising by July.
- Start production by August.