Click the Study Aids tab at the bottom of the book to access your Study Aids (usually practice quizzes and flash cards).
Study Pass is our latest digital product that lets you take notes, highlight important sections of the text using different colors, create "tags" or labels to filter your notes and highlights, and print so you can study offline. Study Pass also includes interactive study aids, such as flash cards and quizzes.
Highlighting and Taking Notes:
If you've purchased the All Access Pass or Study Pass, in the online reader, click and drag your mouse to highlight text. When you do a small button appears – simply click on it! From there, you can select a highlight color, add notes, add tags, or any combination.
If you've purchased the All Access Pass, you can print each chapter by clicking on the Downloads tab. If you have Study Pass, click on the print icon within Study View to print out your notes and highlighted sections.
To search, use the text box at the bottom of the book. Click a search result to be taken to that chapter or section of the book (note you may need to scroll down to get to the result).
View Full Student FAQs
3.5 Chapter Summary
- Cultural intelligence is the ability to adapt successfully to unfamiliar cultural settings.
- There are three elements to cultural intelligence: metacognition and cognition, motivation, and behavior.
- Cultural intelligence can be expressed as the ABCs of CI: acquire (knowledge), build (strategic thinking), contemplate (motivation), and do (behavior).
- Cultural intelligence is more comprehensive than emotional and social intelligences.
- People who have high emotional and social intelligences do not necessarily have high cultural intelligence.
- CI is more than knowledge-gathering; it does not speak to one specific culture.
- Your journey into cultural intelligence can be seen as entering a labyrinth. Labyrinths serve as metaphors for personal journeys that lead to transformation and change.
- Practicing and applying cultural intelligence principles enables you to learn more about yourself and your relationship to the world.