Table of Contents
- The Strategic Leader’s New Mandate
- What Is Organizational Capacity for Change?
- OCC Dimension 1: Trustworthy Leadership
- OCC Dimension 2: Trusting Followers
- OCC Dimension 3: Capable Champions
- OCC Dimension 4: Involved Midmanagement
- OCC Dimension 5: Systems Thinking
- OCC Dimension 6: Communication Systems
- OCC Dimension 7: Accountable Culture
- OCC Dimension 8: Innovative Culture
- The Big Picture
- Appendix A: OCC Survey Instrument
- Appendix B: 8 Dimensions and Factor Loadings for OCC
- Appendix C: OCC Benchmarking
- Appendix D: OCC Benchmarking
- Appendix E: Resources
Focusing on Organizational Change, v. 1.0
by William Q. Judge Jr.
Chapter 3 OCC Dimension 1: Trustworthy Leadership
The glue that holds all relationships together—including the relationship between the leader and the led—is trust, and trust is based on integrity.
The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Max De Pree