Table of Contents
- The Strategic Leader’s New Mandate
- What Is Organizational Capacity for Change?
- OCC Dimension 1: Trustworthy Leadership
- OCC Dimension 2: Trusting Followers
- OCC Dimension 3: Capable Champions
- OCC Dimension 4: Involved Midmanagement
- OCC Dimension 5: Systems Thinking
- OCC Dimension 6: Communication Systems
- OCC Dimension 7: Accountable Culture
- OCC Dimension 8: Innovative Culture
- The Big Picture
- Appendix A: OCC Survey Instrument
- Appendix B: 8 Dimensions and Factor Loadings for OCC
- Appendix C: OCC Benchmarking
- Appendix D: OCC Benchmarking
- Appendix E: Resources
Focusing on Organizational Change, v. 1.0
by William Q. Judge Jr.
Chapter 7 OCC Dimension 5: Systems Thinking
A system must have an aim. Without an aim, there is no system. A system must be managed. The secret is cooperation between components toward the aim of the organization.
W. Edwards Deming
No problem can ever be solved with the consciousness that created it. We must learn to see the world anew.