Click the Study Aids tab at the bottom of the book to access your Study Aids (usually practice quizzes and flash cards).
Study Pass is our latest digital product that lets you take notes, highlight important sections of the text using different colors, create "tags" or labels to filter your notes and highlights, and print so you can study offline. Study Pass also includes interactive study aids, such as flash cards and quizzes.
Highlighting and Taking Notes:
If you've purchased the All Access Pass or Study Pass, in the online reader, click and drag your mouse to highlight text. When you do a small button appears – simply click on it! From there, you can select a highlight color, add notes, add tags, or any combination.
If you've purchased the All Access Pass, you can print each chapter by clicking on the Downloads tab. If you have Study Pass, click on the print icon within Study View to print out your notes and highlighted sections.
To search, use the text box at the bottom of the book. Click a search result to be taken to that chapter or section of the book (note you may need to scroll down to get to the result).
View Full Student FAQs
Chapter 5 Building and Managing the Strategic Architecture
We now have everything we need to develop and use a complete picture of your organization’s performance. This chapter will show you the following:
- how to assemble a complete strategic architecture of your business involving performance, resources, flows, and interdependences
- how to use this architecture to manage the system, understanding past performance, likely developments, and alternative possibilities
- how to control performance into the future
Remember the strategy challenges that we highlighted in Chapter 1 "Performance Through Time"? These were
- Why has performance followed the path that it has?
- Where is it going if we carry on as we are?
- How can we change it for the better?
Now that you understand the way a system of resources works, you are in a position to answer these questions in detail.