Higher Education Account Manager
About the company
FlatWorld is growing fast. Our mission is to produce high quality college textbooks at affordable prices. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students for a decade, but new management sees even bigger opportunities to make an impact in higher education. We want to empower instructors and put them back at the center of teaching. Our growing library of over 100 customizable digital-first textbooks puts the instructor in control from the start and removes some of the barriers to students having the right text in their hands.
Teaching can be hard. Textbooks don’t have to be.
About the job and team
The Account Manager role is critical to attracting new customers and retaining existing customers. With a clear mastery of our products, you will be the point person for your accounts. You will be responsible for daily communication with key decision makers at college campuses across the country. You will work closely with our external sales team providing leads and customer feedback to assist in winning business and spreading the reach of FlatWorld. We are committed to providing our customers with A+ selling support and it all starts with the people on the team.
You will be a good fit for this job if you have some sales and customer service skills, however, FlatWorld is scrappy and we want an individual that is an innovative thinker and is hungry to learn and help the firm grow quickly. You need a positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to speak up and voice your opinions about what we’re doing right and what we might be able to do better.
- Perform daily, weekly, and seasonal planning related to sales campaigns
- Engage in email and phone sales activities to close adoptions, present solutions, and drive lead generation campaigns in accordance with sales campaigns
- Maintain and grow existing accounts through sales support activities and excellent customer service
- Identify at-risk customers
- Work with sales, marketing, and product developers to drive the mission and communicate to prospective customers our value proposition and solutions
- Coordinate the assistance and efforts of internal specialists on targeted opportunities, with a goal of increasing sales according to company growth expectations
- Provide feedback from customers to key internal partners in marketing and editorial
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English
- Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Ability to forge relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work with and maintain a sense of urgency during peak selling and customer service season
- Live in the Boston area
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.