Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
General Chemistry: Principles, Patterns, and Applications, v. 1.0 (2 Volume Set)
- By: Bruce Averill and Patricia Eldredge
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: December 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-3122-4
- Pages: 1740
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Chemistry
- Chapter 2: Molecules, Ions, and Chemical Formulas
- Chapter 3: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 4: Reactions in Aqueous Solution
- Chapter 5: Energy Changes in Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 6: The Structure of Atoms
- Chapter 7: The Periodic Table and Periodic Trends
- Chapter 8: Ionic versus Covalent Bonding
- Chapter 9: Molecular Geometry and Covalent Bonding Models
- Chapter 10: Gases
- Chapter 11: Liquids
- Chapter 12: Solids
- Chapter 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14: Chemical Kinetics
- Chapter 15: Chemical Equilibrium
- Chapter 16: Aqueous Acid–Base Equilibriums
- Chapter 17: Solubility and Complexation Equilibriums
- Chapter 18: Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chapter 19: Electrochemistry
- Chapter 20: Nuclear Chemistry
- Chapter 21: Periodic Trends and the s-Block Elements
- Chapter 22: The p-Block Elements
- Chapter 23: The d-Block Elements
- Chapter 24: Organic Compounds
- Appendix A: Standard Thermodynamic Quantities for Chemical Substances at 25°C
- Appendix B: Solubility-Product Constants (Ksp) for Compounds at 25°C
- Appendix C: Dissociation Constants and pKa Values for Acids at 25°C
- Appendix D: Dissociation Constants and pKb Values for Bases at 25°C
- Appendix E: Standard Reduction Potentials at 25°C
- Appendix F: Properties of Water
- Appendix G: Physical Constants and Conversion Factors
- Appendix H: Periodic Table of Elements
- Appendix I: Experimentally Measured Masses of Selected Isotopes
- Art and Photo Credits
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeSolutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >