Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Mastering Public Relations, v. 1.0
- By: Shannon A. Bowen, Brad Rawlins and Thomas Martin
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: February 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4359-3
- Pages: 168
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: The Importance of Public Relations: UPS Case
- Chapter 2: What Is Public Relations?
- Chapter 3: Models and Approaches to Public Relations
- Chapter 4: Public Relations as a Management Function
- Chapter 5: Organizational Factors for Excellent Public Relations
- Chapter 6: Public Relations and Organizational Effectiveness
- Chapter 7: Identifying and Prioritizing Stakeholders and Publics
- Chapter 8: Public Relations Research: The Key to Strategy
- Chapter 9: The Public Relations Process—RACE
- Chapter 10: The Practice of Public Relations
- Chapter 11: Ethics, Leadership and Counseling, and Moral Analyses
- Chapter 12: Best Practices for Excellence in Public Relations
- Chapter 13: References
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- All Access Pass: $34.95
- Study Pass: $19.95
- VIP Pass: $49.95
- B&W Printed Book: $39.95
About This Textbook:
Mastering Public Relations provides an executive overview of the field of public relations with a focus on what managers need to know to master the function quickly and effectively.
Bowen, Rawlins, and Martin bring to bear on the topic of public relations management their research and academic knowledge in the areas of business management and strategy, mass communication, marketing, public relations, organizational communication, journalism, ethics, and public opinion along with years of professional experience in managing public relations. There is not a more experienced author team to help you teach your students the practice of PR.
Throughout the text, the authors integrate the academic with the professional by asking: How can an executive use this knowledge to make the most of the public relations function, department, and initiatives in order to help their whole organization be successful?
If you want to bring your students a strong mix of theory and applications in your PR course, then review Bowen, Rawlins, and Martin's Mastering Public Relations today.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeInstructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >