Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
International Business: Opportunities and Challenges in a Flattening World, v. 2.0
- By: Mason Carpenter and Sanjyot P. Dunung
- Version: 2.0
- Pub Date: August 2015
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-7284-5
- Pages: 438
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
- Chapter 3: Culture and Business
- Chapter 4: World Economies
- Chapter 5: Global and Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration
- Chapter 6: International Monetary System
- Chapter 7: Foreign Exchange and the Global Capital Markets
- Chapter 8: International Expansion and Global Market Opportunity Assessment
- Chapter 9: Exporting, Importing, and Global Sourcing
- Chapter 10: Strategy and International Business
- Chapter 11: Global Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Chapter 12: Winning through Effective, Global Talent Management
- Chapter 13: Harnessing the Engine of Global Innovation
- Chapter 14: Competing Effectively through Global Marketing, Distribution, and Supply-Chain Management
- Chapter 15: Understanding the Roles of Finance and Accounting in Global Competitive Advantage
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
International Business: The Opportunities and Challenges of a Flat World
Mason Carpenter and Sanjyot Dunung
In writing International Business, Mason Carpenter and Sanjyot Dunung’s goals were clear and simple:
- To help students understand how to build, lead, and thrive in global organizations in an increasingly flat world
- To define a “flat world” as a global society where service industries dwarf manufacturing industries in terms of scale and scope, the Internet pervades in all aspects of life and work, and networks define modern businesses
- To encourage students to see national borders as bridges, not barriers
- To provide students with progressive and comprehensive coverage of the principles of international business.
- SECTION 1:
- SECTION 2:
- SECTION 3:
- SECTION 4:
- SECTION 5:
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES & REVIEW QUESTIONS:
- UNIQUE GLOBAL BUSINESS CASES:
What's New in V2.0?
Each chapter has been updated to include up-to-date facts, statistics, and analysis. In some cases, we originally profiled companies that no longer exist, reflecting the unexpected cycles of the global business world. These have been replaced with new examples as well as updates of companies that have experienced changes in their opportunities and challenges. In every chapter the global business, economic, political and cultural environments have continued to evolve and this new version includes the impact of the ongoing changes on businesses and economies. Our understanding of the emerging markets continues to evolve and Version 2.0 integrates an update of each of the traditional BRICs as well as the newer emerging markets in the Gulf and in Africa. Throughout each chapter, you'll experience an updated analysis and perspective of how global business continues to evolve.
This textbook is suitable for these courses:International Business
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
This text is organized in a straightforward and logical manner, developing information throughout five different sections.
Introduces the global business course and concludes with a chapter on seizing global opportunities.
Develops student knowledge about key facets of the global business environment.
Develops knowledge about how a student or organization can exploit opportunities in that global environment.
Explores why the entrepreneurial context is changing and provides a lens for identifying and capitalizing on entrepreneurial opportunities.
Shows how key organizational activities can be managed for global effectiveness.
In addition to these five sections, this textbook’s individual chapters possess distinct features, including:
Each chapter contains enumerated learning objectives that conclude with a short summary (“Key Takeaways”) and five review questions.
Every chapter concludes with a mini case on a unique global business that encompasses the topics shown in the chapter.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Other Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >