Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: The Foundations of Business
- Chapter 2: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Chapter 3: Business in a Global Environment
- Chapter 4: Selecting a Form of Business Ownership
- Chapter 5: The Challenges of Starting a Business
- Chapter 6: Managing for Business Success
- Chapter 7: Recruiting, Motivating, and Keeping Quality Employees
- Chapter 8: Teamwork and Communications
- Chapter 9: Marketing: Providing Value to Customers
- Chapter 10: Product Design and Development
- Chapter 11: Operations Management in Manufacturing and Service Industries
- Chapter 12: The Role of Accounting in Business
- Chapter 13: Managing Financial Resources
- Chapter 14: Personal Finances
- Chapter 15: Managing Information and Technology
- Chapter 16: The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
The author's goals in writing Exploring Business were simple:
- Introduce students to business in an exciting way
- Provide faculty with a fully developed teaching package to enable that goal
- Integrated (Optional) Nike Case Study: A Nike case study is available for instructors who wish to introduce students to business using an exciting and integrated case (updated each semester). Students learn about Nike by reading a case study broken down into 26 individual case notes, each linked to the appropriate section(s) of the text. Each provides a real-world example to help students master a particular topic. We also provide four award-winning videos featuring company executives. In addition, the test item file contains multiple-choice questions keyed to the Nike cases.
- Progressive (Optional) Business Plan: Having students develop a business plan in the course introduces students to the excitement and challenges of starting a business and helps them discover how the functional areas of business interact. This textbook package includes an optionalintegrated business plan project modeled after one refined by the author and her teaching team over the past ten years.
- AACSB Emphasis: Each chapter presents ten Questions and Problems as well as five cases on areas of skill and knowledge endorsed by AACSB: Learning on the Web, Career Opportunities, The Ethics Angle, Team-Building Skills, and The Global View. More than 70% of end-of-chapter items help students build skills in areas designated as critical by AACSB, including analytical skills, ethical awareness and reasoning abilities, multicultural understanding and globalization, use of information technology, and communications and team oriented skills. Each AACSB inspired exercise is identified by an AACSB tag and a note indicating the relevant skill area.
- Author-Written Instructor Manual (IM): For the past eleven years, Karen Collins has been developing, coordinating and teaching (to over 3,500 students) an Introduction to Business course. Sections of the course have been taught by a mix of permanent faculty, graduate students, and adjuncts. Each semester, she oversees the course and guides approximately ten instructors as they teach; a task that's been made possible through the development and continuous improvement of extensive, clear, and highly coordinated teaching materials.
Karen updated every single chapter. There are many new business examples, and several new topics have been addressed, including major revisions for Chapter 9's coverage of social media marketing, sustainability coverage in Chapter 2, the value of the Euro in Chapter 3, and exploration of the serial entrepreneur in Chapter 5. Karen loves helping others with their Introduction to Business courses, and would enjoy hearing from you. Feel free to contact her here at kmc0@Lehigh.edu.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Other Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Nike Materials
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Business Plan Materials
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed informationTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >