Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Information Systems: Design an App for That, v. 2.0
- By: Raymond Frost, Jacqueline Pike, Lauren Kenyo, and Sarah Lebovitz
- Version: 2.0
- Pub Date: September 2016
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-8361-2
- Pages: 222
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Rethink What You Know
- Chapter 2: Excel Formulas, Functions, & Filtering
- Chapter 3: Analyzing and Summarizing Data with Pivot Tables
- Chapter 4: Data Integration
- Chapter 5: Decision Making
- Chapter 6: User Centered Design: Design an iPhone App
- Chapter 7: App Wireframe
- Chapter 8: App Mockup
- Chapter 9: App Preview
- Chapter 10: Design a Webpage to Market the App
- Chapter 11: Data Cleaning
- Chapter 12: Store Data Analysis
- Chapter 13: Graphs
- Chapter 14: Information Systems in Your Life: Types of Systems and Careers
- Chapter 15: Industry Analysis: Smartphone Apps
- Chapter 16: Writing the Business Case: Design a Report for the App
- Chapter 17: Presenting the Business Case: Design a Presentation for the App
- Appendix A: Fonts
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Students in introductory Management Information Systems (MIS) courses often ask what a career in MIS looks like. Lacking a clear vision, they make their own assumptions. Often they assume the career involves programming with little human interaction. That MIS is a technical field could not be further from the truth. MIS job descriptions typically require candidates to be able to collaborate, communicate, analyze needs and gather requirements. They also list the need for excellent written and communication skills. In other words, MIS workers are constantly interacting with other people both inside and outside the organization. They are coming up with creative solutions to business problems.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Other Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >