Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Information Systems: A Manager's Guide to Harnessing Technology, v. 2.0
- By: John Gallaugher
- Version: 2.0 other versions
- Pub Date: August 2013
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-5780-4
- Pages: 392
What do you want to do?
New Version Available
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Setting the Stage: Technology and the Modern Enterprise
- Chapter 2: Strategy and Technology: Concepts and Frameworks for Understanding What Separates Winners from Losers
- Chapter 3: Zara: Fast Fashion from Savvy Systems
- Chapter 4: Netflix in Two Acts: The Making of an E-Commerce Giant and the Uncertain Future of Atoms to Bits
- Chapter 5: Moore’s Law and More: Fast, Cheap Computing, Disruptive Innovation, and What This Means for the Manager
- Chapter 6: Amazon.com: An Empire Stretching from Cardboard Box to Kindle to Cloud
- Chapter 7: Understanding Network Effects: Strategies for Competing in a Platform-Centric, Winner-Take-All World
- Chapter 8: Social Media, Peer Production, and Web 2.0
- Chapter 9: Facebook: Building a Business from the Social Graph
- Chapter 10: Understanding Software: A Primer for Managers
- Chapter 11: Software in Flux: Partly Cloudy and Sometimes Free
- Chapter 12: The Data Asset: Databases, Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Competitive Advantage
- Chapter 13: A Manager’s Guide to the Internet and Telecommunications
- Chapter 14: Information Security: Barbarians at the Gateway (and Just About Everywhere Else)
- Chapter 15: Google in Three Parts: Search, Online Advertising, and Beyond
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing Techonology, v. 2.0
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.0:
- UPDATED, MORE RELEVANT CHAPTERS:
- NEW EMPHASIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- FOCUS ON STRATEGIC THINKING:
- ENGAGING CASE STUDIES:
New chapter coverage including Amazon.com and Facebook, as well as updated information in the popular Zara and Netflix case studies, breathe fresh life into existing material.
Instagram, Tumblr, SnapChat, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Reddit, Quora, GitHub, and StackOverflow all receive mention, ensuring relevancy and proper understanding of the current field.
For a comprehensive list of what's new in version 2.0, visit John’s blog.
John Gallaugher of Boston College was one of BusinessWeek’s “Professors of the Year.” His widely popular textbook offers a proven approach that has garnered student praise and increased information systems enrollment. There is no other Information Systems author today who keeps his text as "up-to-the-month" current.
For regular updates, follow Gallaugher’s blog, The Week in Geek, and connect with him on Twitter at @gallaugher.
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Undergraduate or graduate courses in Management Information Systems and Information Technology
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
Rather than lead with technical topics, the book starts with strategic thinking, focusing on big-picture issues that have confounded experts but will engage students.
While chapters introduce concepts, cases on approachable, exciting firms across industries further challenge students to apply what they've learned.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >