Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
The Sustainable Business Case Book, v. 1.0
- By: Ross Gittell, Matt Magnusson and Michael Merenda
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: August 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4677-8
- Pages: 322
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Sustainable Business and Sustainable Business Core Concepts and Frameworks
- Chapter 2: The Science of Sustainability
- Chapter 3: Government, Public Policy, and Sustainable Business
- Chapter 4: Accountability for Sustainability
- Chapter 5: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Sustainable Business
- Chapter 6: Sustainable Business Marketing
- Chapter 7: Case: Sustainable Business Entrepreneurship: Simply Green Biofuels
- Chapter 8: Case: Marketing Sustainability: Seventh Generation Creating a Green Household Consumer Product
- Chapter 9: Case: Brewing a Better World: Sustainable Supply Chain Management at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
- Chapter 10: Case: Oakhurst Dairy: Operations Management and Sustainability
- Chapter 11: Case: Accounting for Sustainability: How Does Timberland Do It and Why?
- Chapter 12: Case: Sustainable Investing: Pax World Helping Investors Change the World
- Chapter 13: Case: Strategic Mission–Driven Sustainable Business: Stonyfield Yogurt
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- All Access Pass: $34.95
- Study Pass: $19.95
- VIP Pass: $49.95
- B&W Printed Book: $39.95
About This Textbook:
The issue of sustainability is of increasing interest and importance to students of business as well as students in the sciences, government, public policy, planning and other fields. This casebook by Gittell, Magnusson and Merenda is one of the first of its kind in that it combines the theory of sustainability with key concepts, analytical information and contextual information with a collection of cases that provide insights, perspective and practical guidance on how sustainable businesses operate from different business functional area perspectives.
While the book’s primary focus is on the relationship between business and sustainability, the book can also be used in courses related to environmental and earth systems sciences, environmental studies, urban planning, economics and public policy.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >