Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Financial Accounting, v. 2.0
- By: Joe Ben Hoyle and C. J. Skender
- Version: 2.0 other versions
- Pub Date: April 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4387-6
- Pages: 640
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: What Is Financial Accounting, and Why Is It Important?
- Chapter 2: What Should Decision Makers Know in Order to Make Good Decisions about an Organization?
- Chapter 3: How Is Financial Information Delivered to Decision Makers Such as Investors and Creditors?
- Chapter 4: How Does an Organization Accumulate and Organize the Information Necessary to Create Financial Statements?
- Chapter 5: Why Is Financial Information Adjusted Prior to the Production of Financial Statements?
- Chapter 6: Why Should Decision Makers Trust Financial Statements?
- Chapter 7: In Financial Reporting, What Information Is Conveyed about Receivables?
- Chapter 8: How Does a Company Gather Information about Its Inventory?
- Chapter 9: Why Does a Company Need a Cost Flow Assumption in Reporting Inventory?
- Chapter 10: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Property and Equipment?
- Chapter 11: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Intangible Assets?
- Chapter 12: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Equity Investments?
- Chapter 13: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Current and Contingent Liabilities?
- Chapter 14: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Noncurrent Liabilities Such as Bonds?
- Chapter 15: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Other Noncurrent Liabilities?
- Chapter 16: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed about Shareholders’ Equity?
- Chapter 17: In a Set of Financial Statements, What Information Is Conveyed by the Statement of Cash Flows?
- Appendix: Present Value Tables
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Financial Accounting, vol. 2.0
Joe Ben Hoyle and C.J. Skender
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.0:
- EXPANDED END-OF-CHAPTER QUESTIONS:
- NEW SOLUTIONS MANUAL:
- UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION:
- To challenge the way financial accounting content is presented
- To encourage students to take a heightened interest in financial accounting
- SOCRATIC METHOD:
- SMALLER COMPONENT PIECES:
- CONVERSATIONAL TONE:
- LOGICAL SEQUENCING:
- QUESTION & ANSWER FORMAT:
Joe Hoyle rewrote all end-of-chapter material and cleaned up questions at the end of the chapters, adding two and three times as many true-false questions, multiple-choice questions, and problems as in the first edition.
Joe completely revamped the solutions manual to make it clearer and easier to use.
Version 2.0 contains updated real company data, current IFRS references and a new reference case for every applicable chapter.
In writing Financial Accounting, vol. 2.0, Joe Ben Hoyle, co-author of two
market-leading advanced accounting textbooks, joined with C.J. Skender to write a textbook that had simple yet clear aims:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Financial Accounting (undergraduate or MBA-level)
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
Financial Accounting sequentially covers standard topics but does so through carefully constructed questions along with their individual answers.
Each question and its answer look at a specific piece of material. The student only has to deal with one question and its answer at a time. Material is presented as a clearly established series of steps rather than as a long flowing monologue.
Experts agree that individuals learn better through give and take than through one-directional lectures. This textbook feels like a conversation.
When students are exposed to new topics, they often have trouble making leaps of understanding that appear easy to a teacher (or a textbook author). The question and answer format provides appropriate sequencing of material. Students are led through each topic in a logical, understandable fashion.
A question and answer format leads to critical thought, asking, “Why did this technique work?“ ”Why is the calculation performed this way?“ ”Who really cares about this?“
This text is simple in design, not cluttered with unnecessary boxes and icons.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Other Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Solutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >