Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Law and the Legal Environment, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: November 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-3050-0
- Pages: 1210
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Contract Law
- Chapter 9: The Agreement
- Chapter 10: Real Assent
- Chapter 11: Consideration
- Chapter 12: Legality
- Chapter 13: Form and Meaning
- Chapter 14: Third-Party Rights
- Chapter 15: Discharge of Obligations
- Chapter 16: Remedies
- Chapter 17: Introduction to Sales and Leases
- Chapter 18: Title and Risk of Loss
- Chapter 19: Performance and Remedies
- Chapter 20: Products Liability
- Chapter 21: Bailments and the Storage, Shipment, and Leasing of Goods
- Chapter 22: Nature and Form of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 23: Negotiation of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 24: Holder in Due Course and Defenses
- Chapter 25: Liability and Discharge
- Chapter 26: Legal Aspects of Banking
- Chapter 27: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 28: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 29: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 30: Bankruptcy
- Chapter 31: Introduction to Property: Personal Property and Fixtures
- Chapter 32: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 33: The Nature and Regulation of Real Estate and the Environment
- Chapter 34: The Transfer of Real Estate by Sale
- Chapter 35: Landlord and Tenant Law
- Chapter 36: Estate Planning: Wills, Estates, and Trusts
- Chapter 37: Insurance
- Chapter 38: Relationships between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 39: Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
- Chapter 40: Partnerships: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 41: Partnership Operation and Termination
- Chapter 42: Hybrid Business Forms
- Chapter 43: Corporation: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 44: Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Chapter 45: Corporate Powers and Management
- Chapter 46: Securities Regulation
- Chapter 47: Corporate Expansion, State and Federal Regulation of Foreign Corporations, and Corporate Dissolution
- Chapter 48: Antitrust Law
- Chapter 49: Unfair Trade Practices and the Federal Trade Commission
- Chapter 50: Employment Law
- Chapter 51: Labor-Management Relations
- Chapter 52: International Law
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- All Access Pass: $64.95
- Study Pass: $19.95
- VIP Pass: $99.95
- B&W Printed Book: $89.95
About This Textbook:
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment is an up-to-date textbook with comprehensive coverage of legal and regulatory issues — and organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with which they are already familiar with their clear, concise and readable style.
Business Law and the Legal Environment provides students with context and essential concepts across the entire range of legal issues with which managers and business executives must grapple. The texts provide the vocabulary and legal acumen necessary for business people to talk in an educated way to their customers, employees, suppliers, government officials — and to their own lawyers.
Business Law and the Legal Environment was also written to solve a problem that many professors have with traditional business law textbooks. The text selection process for business law can be confusing because of the huge array of publications, and as you have most likely experienced, once you select a text you still might have to customize the text to meet your needs. For example, You might prefer to combine case summaries with a few excerpted cases so that students can experience reading original material, but many traditional books do not include both case summaries and excerpted cases. In the case of Business Law and the Legal Environment, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform.
Finally, the online version of Business Law and the Legal Environment boasts embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Request a desk copy of Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price point, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
NOTE: Due to the page count of this textbook, we will ship copies of the textbook in a two-volume set.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed informationTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >