Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Advanced Business Law and the Legal Environment, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: January 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4373-9
- Pages: 678
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Sales and Leases
- Chapter 9: Title and Risk of Loss
- Chapter 10: Performance and Remedies
- Chapter 11: Products Liability
- Chapter 12: Bailments and the Storage, Shipment, and Leasing of Goods
- Chapter 13: Nature and Form of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 14: Negotiation of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 15: Holder in Due Course and Defenses
- Chapter 16: Liability and Discharge
- Chapter 17: Legal Aspects of Banking
- Chapter 18: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 19: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 20: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 21: Bankruptcy
- Chapter 22: Introduction to Property: Personal Property and Fixtures
- Chapter 23: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 24: The Nature and Regulation of Real Estate and the Environment
- Chapter 25: The Transfer of Real Estate by Sale
- Chapter 26: Landlord and Tenant Law
- Chapter 27: Estate Planning: Wills, Estates, and Trusts
- Chapter 28: Insurance
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Advanced Business Law and the Legal Environment is an up-to-date textbook with coverage of legal and regulatory issues that are more technical than the topics in the authors’ Foundations of Business Law and the Legal Environment.
Appropriate for students who have already taken an introductory Legal Environment or Business Law course, the text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach.
The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with which they are already familiar with their clear, concise and readable style.
Advanced Business Law and the Legal Environment provides students with context and essential legal concepts relating to the Uniform Commercial Code and various aspects of property law. The text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy necessary for business people to talk in an educated way to their customers, employees, suppliers, and other stakeholders — and to their own lawyers.
With Advanced Business Law and the Legal Environment, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform.
In addition, the online version of the text includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Review Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Advanced Business Law and the Legal Environment today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price point, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >