Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Law and the Legal Environment: Master of Accountancy Edition, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel, and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: August 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4418-7
- Pages: 875
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 4: Introduction to Contract Law
- Chapter 5: The Agreement
- Chapter 6: Real Assent
- Chapter 7: Consideration
- Chapter 8: Legality
- Chapter 9: Form and Meaning
- Chapter 10: Third-Party Rights
- Chapter 11: Discharge of Obligations
- Chapter 12: Remedies
- Chapter 13: Introduction to Sales and Leases
- Chapter 14: Title and Risk of Loss
- Chapter 15: Performance and Remedies
- Chapter 16: Nature and Form of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 17: Negotiation of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 18: Holder in Due Course and Defenses
- Chapter 19: Liability and Discharge
- Chapter 20: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 21: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 22: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 23: Bankruptcy
- Chapter 24: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 25: Relationships between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 26: Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
- Chapter 27: Partnerships: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 28: Partnership Operation and Termination
- Chapter 29: Hybrid Business Forms
- Chapter 30: Corporation: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 31: Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Chapter 32: Corporate Powers and Management
- Chapter 33: Securities Regulation
- Chapter 34: Corporate Expansion, State and Federal Regulation of Foreign Corporations, and Corporate Dissolution
- Chapter 35: Antitrust Law
- Chapter 36: Unfair Trade Practices and the Federal Trade Commission
- Chapter 37: Employment Law
- Chapter 38: Labor-Management Relations
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment: MAcc Edition is an up-to-date textbook designed for students in Master of Accounting programs. The text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with their clear, concise and readable style.
After introductory chapters covering the legal environment of business, Business Law and the Legal Environment: MAcc Edition provides students with context and essential legal concepts that accounting professionals must understand, including contracts, sales, commercial paper, debtors and creditors rights, intellectual property, agency law, partnerships, corporations, and regulatory law. The text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy students will need when working in the accounting function or on engagements.
With Business Law and the Legal Environment: MAcc Edition, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform. The online version of the text includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Request a desk copy of Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment: MAcc Edition today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >