Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Law for Entrepreneurs, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: August 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4417-0
- Pages: 808
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Contract Law
- Chapter 9: The Agreement
- Chapter 10: Real Assent
- Chapter 11: Consideration
- Chapter 12: Legality
- Chapter 13: Form and Meaning
- Chapter 14: Third-Party Rights
- Chapter 15: Discharge of Obligations
- Chapter 16: Remedies
- Chapter 17: Products Liability
- Chapter 18: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 19: Insurance
- Chapter 20: Relationships between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 21: Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
- Chapter 22: Partnerships: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 23: Partnership Operation and Termination
- Chapter 24: Hybrid Business Forms
- Chapter 25: Corporation: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 26: Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Chapter 27: Corporate Powers and Management
- Chapter 28: Securities Regulation
- Chapter 29: Corporate Expansion, State and Federal Regulation of Foreign Corporations, and Corporate Dissolution
- Chapter 30: Employment Law
- Chapter 31: Labor-Management Relations
- Chapter 32: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 33: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 34: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 35: Bankruptcy
- Chapter 36: Introduction to Property: Personal Property and Fixtures
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Law for Entrepreneurs is an up-to-date textbook that covers the broad spectrum of legal issues that entrepreneurs must understand when starting and running a business. The text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with their clear, concise and readable style.
After introductory chapters covering the legal environment of business, Law for Entrepreneurs provides students with context and essential legal concepts relating to contracts, product liability, intellectual property, insurance, agency law, partnerships, corporations, and employment law. The text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy that entrepreneurs need to talk in an educated way to customers, suppliers, employees, creditors, shareholders, government regulators and other stakeholders — and to their own lawyers.
With Law for Entrepreneurs, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform. The online version of the text includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Request a desk copy of Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Law for Entrepreneurs today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >