Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Law of Commercial Transactions, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: March 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4330-2
- Pages: 713
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Contract Law
- Chapter 9: The Agreement
- Chapter 10: Real Assent
- Chapter 11: Consideration
- Chapter 12: Legality
- Chapter 13: Form and Meaning
- Chapter 14: Third-Party Rights
- Chapter 15: Discharge of Obligations
- Chapter 16: Remedies
- Chapter 17: Introduction to Sales and Leases
- Chapter 18: Title and Risk of Loss
- Chapter 19: Performance and Remedies
- Chapter 20: Products Liability
- Chapter 21: Bailments and the Storage, Shipment, and Leasing of Goods
- Chapter 22: Nature and Form of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 23: Negotiation of Commercial Paper
- Chapter 24: Holder in Due Course and Defenses
- Chapter 25: Liability and Discharge
- Chapter 26: Legal Aspects of Banking
- Chapter 27: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 28: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 29: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 30: Bankruptcy
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Law of Commercial Transactions is an up-to-date textbook that covers legal issues that students who engage in commercial transactions must understand. The text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with their clear, concise and readable style.
After introductory chapters covering the legal environment of business, Law of Commercial Transactions provides students with context and essential legal concepts relating to key commercial transactions topics: contracts, sales, commercial paper, debtors and creditors. The text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy students will need to talk in an educated way to customers, suppliers, creditors, government regulators and other stakeholders — and to their own lawyers.
With Law of Commercial Transactions, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform. The online version of the text includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Review Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Law of Commercial Transactions today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >