Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
The Legal Environment of Business, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 2 what's this?
- Pub Date: March 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4329-6
- Pages: 795
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Contracts
- Chapter 9: Products Liability
- Chapter 10: Consumer Credit Transactions
- Chapter 11: Secured Transactions and Suretyship
- Chapter 12: Mortgages and Nonconsensual Liens
- Chapter 13: Bankruptcy
- Chapter 14: Relationships between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 15: Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
- Chapter 16: Employment Law
- Chapter 17: Labor-Management Relations
- Chapter 18: Partnerships: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 19: Partnership Operation and Termination
- Chapter 20: Hybrid Business Forms
- Chapter 21: Corporation: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 22: Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Chapter 23: Corporate Powers and Management
- Chapter 24: Securities Regulation
- Chapter 25: Corporate Expansion, State and Federal Regulation of Foreign Corporations, and Corporate Dissolution
- Chapter 26: Antitrust Law
- Chapter 27: Unfair Trade Practices and the Federal Trade Commission
- Chapter 28: The Nature and Regulation of Real Estate and the Environment
- Chapter 29: Introduction to Property: Personal Property and Fixtures
- Chapter 30: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 31: The Transfer of Real Estate by Sale
- Chapter 32: Landlord and Tenant Law
- Chapter 33: International Law
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's The Legal Environment of Business is an up-to-date textbook with comprehensive coverage of legal and regulatory issues for your introductory Legal Environment of Business course. The text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with their clear, concise and readable style.
The Legal Environment of Business provides students with context and essential concepts across a broad range of legal issues. Organized using a stakeholder focus (beginning with customers, and then moving to employees, shareholders, and the government), the text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy that students will need to talk in an educated way to a variety of constituencies — and to their own lawyers.
With The Legal Environment of Business, the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform. The online version also includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Review Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's The Legal Environment of Business today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >