Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
The Flat World Knowledge Handbook for Writers, v. 1.0
- By: Miles McCrimmon
- Pub Date: February 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2757-9
- Pages: 489
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- Preface to Teachers
- Preface to Students
- Chapter 1: Writing to Think and Writing to Learn
- Chapter 2: Becoming a Critical Reader
- Chapter 3: Thinking through the Disciplines
- Chapter 4: Joining the Conversation
- Chapter 5: Planning
- Chapter 6: Drafting
- Chapter 7: Researching
- Chapter 8: Revising
- Chapter 9: Designing
- Chapter 10: Publishing
- Chapter 11: Academic Writing
- Chapter 12: Professional Writing
- Chapter 13: Writing on and for the Web
- Chapter 14: Public and Personal Writing
- Chapter 15: Sentence Building
- Chapter 16: Sentence Style
- Chapter 17: Word Choice
- Chapter 18: Punctuation
- Chapter 19: Mechanics
- Chapter 20: Grammar
- Appendix A: Writing for Nonnative English Speakers
- Appendix B: A Guide to Research and Documentation
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Are you teaching freshman level students? Is this one of the first college level courses your students have ever taken? Probably. That is why this English Handbook is different (and we think better). Miles McCrimmon’s, The Flat World Knowledge Handbook for Writers is based on the understanding that writing is at the center of the college experience, not just something students do on their way to ”higher-level“ coursework.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >