Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Communication for Success (Canadian Edition), v. 1.0
- By: Scott McLean and Murray Moman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: August 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4747-8
- Pages: 438
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Effective Business Communication
- Chapter 2: Delivering Your Message
- Chapter 3: Understanding Your Audience
- Chapter 4: Effective Business Writing
- Chapter 5: Writing Preparation
- Chapter 6: Writing
- Chapter 7: Revising and Presenting Your Writing
- Chapter 8: Feedback in the Writing Process
- Chapter 9: Business Writing in Action
- Chapter 10: Developing Business Presentations
- Chapter 11: Nonverbal Delivery
- Chapter 12: Organization and Outlines
- Chapter 13: Presentations to Inform
- Chapter 14: Presentations to Persuade
- Chapter 15: Business Presentations in Action
- Chapter 16: Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Business Communication
- Chapter 17: Negative News and Crisis Communication
- Chapter 18: Intercultural and International Business Communication
- Chapter 19: Group Communication, Teamwork, and Leadership
- Chapter 20: Communicating for Employment
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Listen to a podcast here of Scott discussing his textbook and teaching the Business Communication course.
This book is suited for Business Communication courses taught in Canada, but is also appropriate for Business English, Business Presentation, Professional Communication courses. The Canadian version was adapted by Murray Moman to include proper spelling and grammar for the Northern Territories. In addition, the examples are taken from Canadian companies and situations so students in Canada can truly relate to the textbook content.
Scott McLean has authored textbooks in the areas of Speech Communication, Interpersonal Communication and Public Speaking. Business Communications for Success benefits from Scott's extensive understanding of how students learn the art of effective communication.
Students are provided ample opportunity to engage with the concepts, vocabulary and models covered in the text, including role-playing exercises, journal writings, case studies, small-group activities, games, and self-assessment activities.Business Communication for Success also employs the Flat World Knowledge business model to create a fully modular text that can be customized to support a variety of courses in Business English, Business Presentation, Professional Communication, and related areas. The text is organized into four parts (which can be easily customized by you to suit your course needs): Chapters 1-3 focuses on a solid introduction to the principles of communication as applied to business. Chapters 4-8 cover the process and skills of writing for business and are capped by Chapter 9, a set of examples of business documents. Chapters 10-14 cover the process and skills of developing and delivering business presentations and are capped by Chapter 15, a set of applications for business presentation. The final chapters in the book address many of the common contexts of business communication, including intrapersonal and interpersonal communication; negative news and crisis communication; intercultural and international communication; and groups, teams, and leadership. Scott McLean's Business Communication for Success provides the range of coverage combined with real-world examples to meet course and student needs. With clear learning objectives, in-chapter and section exercises, and assessment outcomes, this text is suitable for traditional, hybrid, and online teaching environments.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >