Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Human Resource Management, v. 1.0
- By: Laura Portolese Dias
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 2 what's this?
- Pub Date: November 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2912-2
- Pages: 360
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- Author Bio
- Chapter 1: The Role of Human Resources
- Chapter 2: Developing and Implementing Strategic HRM Plans
- Chapter 3: Diversity and Multiculturalism
- Chapter 4: Recruitment
- Chapter 5: Selection
- Chapter 6: Compensation and Benefits
- Chapter 7: Retention and Motivation
- Chapter 8: Training and Development
- Chapter 9: Successful Employee Communication
- Chapter 10: Managing Employee Performance
- Chapter 11: Employee Assessment
- Chapter 12: Working with Labor Unions
- Chapter 13: Safety and Health at Work
- Chapter 14: International HRM
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Human Resource Management
Laura Portolese Dias
In writing Human Resource Management , Laura Portolese Dias had simple but important aims:
- Illustrate HRM strategies and theories that any manager needs to know about recruiting, selecting, training, and compensating people
- Provide more relevance to students’ careers
- Give students a more competitive advantage in the workplace
- RELEVANCY: This text provides practical applications of theory relevant to today’s workplace. In the real world, HRM leverages technology in every aspect of the job—from online training modules to technology for better managing flex-time workers and telecommuters. Therefore, it’s important for students to understand what kinds of platforms exist in today’s workplace to enhance their effectiveness as future managers.
- LEARNING SUPPLEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES: This textbook is loaded with supplements to support professors in traditional, hybrid, and online courses. Chapter podcasts, test banks, PowerPoints, and an activity manual are also available. Sample activities might include a role-playing scenario on letting go of an employee or a case study on a hiring practice issue. All activities are “classroom-tested” and include directions on how to run them effectively.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed information
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >