Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Human Resource Management, v. 2.0
- By: Laura Portolese
- Version: 2.0
- Pub Date: April 2015
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-7038-4
- Pages: 370
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- Author Bio
- Chapter 1: The Role of Human Resources
- Chapter 2: Developing and Implementing Strategic HRM Plans
- Chapter 3: Diversity and Multiculturalism
- Chapter 4: Recruitment
- Chapter 5: Selection
- Chapter 6: Compensation and Benefits
- Chapter 7: Retention and Motivation
- Chapter 8: Training and Development
- Chapter 9: Successful Employee Communication
- Chapter 10: Employee Performance Management
- Chapter 11: Employee Assessment
- Chapter 12: Working with Labor Unions
- Chapter 13: Safety and Health at Work
- Chapter 14: International HRM
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Human Resource Management v.2.0
Laura Portolese Dias
In writing Human Resource Management, Laura Portolese Dias had simple but important aims:
- Illustrate HRM strategies and theories that any manager needs to know about recruiting, selecting, training, and compensating people
- Provide more relevance to students’ careers
- Give students a more competitive advantage in the workplace.
What's New in Version 2.0
There are a number of new features and updates added in Version 2. 0. For example:
- A self-assessment/self-quiz has been added to each chapter. This allows students to more deeply reflect on the material, and skills need for HRM.
- Discussion on healthcare added—since The Affordable Health Care Act now changes the way we administer benefits to our employees.
- Great focus on technology, and technology used in HRM.
- Updated examples and citations.
- New introduction and summary videos were added to help students reflect on the material.
- Examples now focus on a variety of industries and business sizes.
- Our discussions revolve around talent management and around human capital ideologies.
- LEARNING SUPPLEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
This text provides practical applications of theory relevant to today’s workplace. In the real world, HRM leverages technology in every aspect of the job—from online training modules to technology for better managing flex-time workers and telecommuters. Therefore, it’s important for students to understand what kinds of platforms exist in today’s workplace to enhance their effectiveness as future managers.
This textbook is loaded with supplements to support professors in traditional, hybrid, and online courses. Chapter podcasts, test banks, PowerPoints, and an activity manual are also available. Sample activities might include a role-playing scenario on letting go of an employee or a case study on a hiring practice issue. All activities are “classroom-tested” and include directions on how to run them effectively.
Finally, the modular nature of the chapters lends itself to the Flat World Knowledge publishing model allowing instructors to adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTestbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >