Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Human Relations, v. 2.0
- By: Laura Portolese
- Version: 2.0 other versions
- Pub Date: November 2016
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-7902-8
- Pages: 272
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: What Is Human Relations?
- Chapter 2: Achieve Personal Success
- Chapter 3: Manage Your Stress
- Chapter 4: Communicate Effectively
- Chapter 5: Be Ethical at Work
- Chapter 6: Understand Your Motivations
- Chapter 7: Work Effectively in Groups
- Chapter 8: Make Good Decisions
- Chapter 9: Handle Conflict and Negotiation
- Chapter 10: Manage Diversity at Work
- Chapter 11: Work with Labor Unions
- Chapter 12: Be a Leader
- Chapter 13: Manage Your Career
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Laura Portolese’s goals in writing Human Relations were simple:
- Provide a solid baseline of issues students will deal with in their careers on a day-to-day basis
- Help students understand the importance of the human side of their career.
- ENGAGING TONE AND EXAMPLES:
- VARIED LEARNING FORMATS:
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Human Relations
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4-year institutions.
This book’s easy-to-understand language and tone is written to convey practical information in an engaging way. Every chapter opens with a realistic example which introduces a concept to be explained in detail later.
Each chapter contains relevant examples, YouTube videos, figures, learning objectives, key takeaways, exercises, and a chapter-ending case that offer different ways to promote learning.
Many of the end-of-section exercises offer self-assessment quizzes, so students may engage in self-understanding and development.
This version of Human Relations comes complete with new examples as well as a variety of new videos to best demonstrate the concepts within. Each chapter has been reviewed and updated to keep pace with changes in the field and to keep the student informed of the latest thinking in human relations.CUSTOMIZABILITY:
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >