Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
The Power of Selling, v. 1.0
- By: Kimberly Richmond
- Version: 1.0 other versions
- Pub Date: March 2010
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2723-4
- Pages: 470
What do you want to do?
New Version Available
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Welcome to The Power of Selling
- Chapter 1: The Power to Get What You Want in Life
- Chapter 2: The Power to Choose Your Path: Careers in Sales
- Chapter 3: The Power of Building Relationships: Putting Adaptive Selling to Work
- Chapter 4: Business Ethics: The Power of Doing the Right Thing
- Chapter 5: The Power of Effective Communication
- Chapter 6: Why and How People Buy: The Power of Understanding the Customer
- Chapter 7: Prospecting and Qualifying: The Power to Identify Your Customers
- Chapter 8: The Preapproach: The Power of Preparation
- Chapter 9: The Approach: The Power of Connecting
- Chapter 10: The Presentation: The Power of Solving Problems
- Chapter 11: Handling Objections: The Power of Learning from Opportunities
- Chapter 12: Closing the Sale: The Power of Negotiating to Win
- Chapter 13: Follow-Up: The Power of Providing Service That Sells
- Chapter 14: The Power of Learning the Ropes
- Chapter 15: Entrepreneurial Selling: The Power of Running Your Own Business
- Epilogue: You’ve Got the Power
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
The Power of Selling
In writing The Power of Selling, Kimberly Richmond's goals were simple:
- To make the selling process really come alive for students in the classroom
- To teach students how to apply the fundamentals of selling to how to sell themselves and get the job they want, with the same process professional sales people learn for their own selling skills.
- VIDEO “RIDE-ALONGS”:
- VIDEO LEARNING SEGMENTS:
- SELLING U:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Marketing, Sales, Salesmanship (introductory level)
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
The content is based on the core selling tenets so instructors will find the familiar principles of selling. In addition, the impact of Sales 2.0 is addressed at every stage including how to use interactive tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, and wikis effectively.
One of the best ways to learn about sales is by going on ride-alongs. So, every chapter begins with an exclusive feature called a Video Ride-Along. These short videos feature seven different sales professionals — one that starts each chapter. Each one talks about how he or she applies one of the key concepts covered in the chapter in their job. These videos are designed to be “virtual ride-alongs,” so students can actually feel as though they are getting insights first hand from selling professionals.
Video Learning Segments are PowerPoint slides embedded with videos designed to supplement the course PowerPoints and focus on one concept, like an ethical dilemma, pre-call preparation, effective presentations, or effective emailing. Each segment includes slides, videos, discussion questions, or exercises.
The last section of each chapter is called Selling U. It applies the concepts covered in the chapter to a student’s job search. Selling U topics include how to think about yourself as a brand, how to create a powerful cover letter and resume, how to create your personal elevator pitch, how to use networking and informational interviews to get the word out about your brand, how to prepare and dress for an interview, and how to negotiate and accept the right job offer. What makes The Power of Selling different is that Selling U is integrated into every chapter, making this text the ultimate guide to selling yourself.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
You can visit the YouTube channel here for more than 50 videos you can use as resources for exercises and assignments in the classroom.
Or, find the Power of Selling group on LinkedIn, including sales professionals from across the country and many different industries. It is a great tool for networking, discussions, asking questions, and connecting with ”real world“ selling professionals.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Other Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >