Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Principles of Economics, v. 2.1
- By: Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen
- Pub Date: July 2014
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-6491-8
- Pages: 912
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Economics: The Study of Choice
- Chapter 2: Confronting Scarcity: Choices in Production
- Chapter 3: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 4: Applications of Demand and Supply
- Chapter 5: Elasticity: A Measure of Response
- Chapter 6: Markets, Maximizers, and Efficiency
- Chapter 7: The Analysis of Consumer Choice
- Chapter 8: Production and Cost
- Chapter 9: Competitive Markets for Goods and Services
- Chapter 10: Monopoly
- Chapter 11: The World of Imperfect Competition
- Chapter 12: Wages and Employment in Perfect Competition
- Chapter 13: Interest Rates and the Markets for Capital and Natural Resources
- Chapter 14: Imperfectly Competitive Markets for Factors of Production
- Chapter 15: Public Finance and Public Choice
- Chapter 16: Antitrust Policy and Business Regulation
- Chapter 17: International Trade
- Chapter 18: The Economics of the Environment
- Chapter 19: Inequality, Poverty, and Discrimination
- Chapter 20: Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
- Chapter 21: Measuring Total Output and Income
- Chapter 22: Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
- Chapter 23: Economic Growth
- Chapter 24: The Nature and Creation of Money
- Chapter 25: Financial Markets and the Economy
- Chapter 26: Monetary Policy and the Fed
- Chapter 27: Government and Fiscal Policy
- Chapter 28: Consumption and the Aggregate Expenditures Model
- Chapter 29: Investment and Economic Activity
- Chapter 30: Net Exports and International Finance
- Chapter 31: Inflation and Unemployment
- Chapter 32: A Brief History of Macroeconomic Thought and Policy
- Chapter 33: Economic Development
- Chapter 34: Socialist Economies in Transition
- Appendix A: Graphs in Economics
- Appendix B: Extensions of the Aggregate Expenditures Model
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $39.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $69.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $74.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Principles of Economics, v. 2.1
Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.1:
- RELEVANT MACRO CHAPTERS:
- NEW MICRO CHAPTERS:
- To provide students with an accessible, straightforward overview of economics
- To supply faculty with a fully developed teaching package to enable that goal
- HEADS UP:
- YOU TRY IT:
- CASE IN POINT:
Updates incorporate the recent recession and recovery— placing it in historical and theoretical context and not shying away from the controversies surrounding how government responded to it.
All time-sensitive data has been updated, along with over half of all the "Start Up" and "Case and Point" applications being brand new or updated.
In writing Principles of Economics, v. 2.1, Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen's aims were simple:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Economics
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
Sometimes, students struggle to understand confusing concepts or ideas. Each concept is covered with a ”Heads Up“ to ward off confusion from the very beginning.
Hands-on learning is highly effective. A ”You Try It“ section gives students the reins to walk through economic scenarios themselves, ensuring they also stay on top of important concepts
A ”Case in Point“ section in each chapter uses a real-world application to harness the concept in reality, emphasizing the usefulness of economics.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeSolutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >