Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Principles of Macroeconomics, v. 2.1
- By: Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen
- Version: 2.1 other versions
- Pub Date: July 2014
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-6487-1
- Pages: 562
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Economics: The Study of Choice
- Chapter 2: Confronting Scarcity: Choices in Production
- Chapter 3: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 4: Applications of Demand and Supply
- Chapter 5: Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
- Chapter 6: Measuring Total Output and Income
- Chapter 7: Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
- Chapter 8: Economic Growth
- Chapter 9: The Nature and Creation of Money
- Chapter 10: Financial Markets and the Economy
- Chapter 11: Monetary Policy and the Fed
- Chapter 12: Government and Fiscal Policy
- Chapter 13: Consumption and the Aggregate Expenditures Model
- Chapter 14: Investment and Economic Activity
- Chapter 15: Net Exports and International Finance
- Chapter 16: Inflation and Unemployment
- Chapter 17: A Brief History of Macroeconomic Thought and Policy
- Chapter 18: Inequality, Poverty, and Discrimination
- Chapter 19: Economic Development
- Chapter 20: Socialist Economies in Transition
- Appendix A: Graphs in Economics
- Appendix B: Extensions of the Aggregate Expenditures Model
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Principles of Macroeconomics, v. 2.1
Libby Rittenberg & Timothy Tregarthen
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.1:
- UPDATED CHAPTERS:
Chapters thoroughly incorporate the recent recession and recovery— placing it in historical and theoretical context, including the controversies surrounding how the government responded to it.
- NEW CONTENT COVERAGE:
- Provide an accessible, straightforward, and clearly written overview of macroeconomics
- “HEADS UP”:
- ”YOU TRY IT”:
- ”CASE IN POINT”:
Updated chapters cover relevant topics such as the history of hyperinflations, assessing growth prospects in different countries, controversy on how to manage the increase in U.S. government debt, and trade issues during the Great Recession.
Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen’s goals in writing Principles of Macroeconomics, v. 2.1 were simple:
Each concept is covered with a ”Heads Up“section to clarify potentially confusing aspects.
This section encourages students to walk through scenarios related to each concept and idea.
This section uses a real-world applications to harness concepts in reality.
Additionally, the Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeSolutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >