Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Principles of Microeconomics, v. 2.0
- By: Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen
- Pub Date: March 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-3267-2
- Pages: 548
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Economics: The Study of Choice
- Chapter 2: Confronting Scarcity: Choices in Production
- Chapter 3: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 4: Applications of Demand and Supply
- Chapter 5: Elasticity: A Measure of Response
- Chapter 6: Markets, Maximizers, and Efficiency
- Chapter 7: The Analysis of Consumer Choice
- Chapter 8: Production and Cost
- Chapter 9: Competitive Markets for Goods and Services
- Chapter 10: Monopoly
- Chapter 11: The World of Imperfect Competition
- Chapter 12: Wages and Employment in Perfect Competition
- Chapter 13: Interest Rates and the Markets for Capital and Natural Resources
- Chapter 14: Imperfectly Competitive Markets for Factors of Production
- Chapter 15: Public Finance and Public Choice
- Chapter 16: Antitrust Policy and Business Regulation
- Chapter 17: International Trade
- Chapter 18: The Economics of the Environment
- Chapter 19: Inequality, Poverty, and Discrimination
- Chapter 20: Socialist Economies in Transition
- Appendix A: Graphs in Economics
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Principles of Microeconomics
Libby Rittenberg & Timothy Tregarthen
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.0:
- Updated and accurate data
- More than half of all the "Start-Ups" and "Case in Point" applications have been either revised or are completely new
- Help students to understand how real individuals actually work with economics
- Teach economics as the study of “choice”
- Demonstrate the practicality and relevance of economics through new illustrations and insights.
- “HEADS UP”:
- ”YOU TRY IT”:
- ”CASE IN POINT”:
In writing Principles of Microeconomics, vol. 2.0, Libby
Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen’s goals were simple:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Microeconomics
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
The authors of this textbook take a unique, three-pronged approach:
Each concept is covered with a ”Heads Up“section to clarify potentially confusing aspects.
This section encourages students to walk through scenarios related to each concept and idea.
This section uses a real-world applications to harness concepts in reality.
Additionally, the Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Solutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >