Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Survey of Economics, v. 1.1
- By: Libby Rittenberg
- Version: 1.1
- Pub Date: July 2014
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-6498-7
- Pages: 542
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Economics: The Study of Choice
- Chapter 2: Confronting Scarcity: Choices in Production
- Chapter 3: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 4: Elasticity: A Measure of Response
- Chapter 5: Markets, Maximizers, and Efficiency
- Chapter 6: Production, Cost, and Market Models
- Chapter 7: Competitive Markets for Goods and Services
- Chapter 8: Monopoly and Its Regulation
- Chapter 9: Wages and Employment in Perfect Competition
- Chapter 10: Inequality, Poverty, and Discrimination
- Chapter 11: Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
- Chapter 12: Measuring Total Output and Income
- Chapter 13: Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
- Chapter 14: Economic Growth
- Chapter 15: The Nature and Creation of Money
- Chapter 16: Financial Markets, the Fed, and Monetary Policy
- Chapter 17: Government and Fiscal Policy
- Chapter 18: A Brief History of Macroeconomic Thought and Policy
- Appendix A: Graphs in Economics
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Survey of Economics, v. 1.1
Building on the pedagogy developed in their successful two-semester Principles of Economics textbook, Libby Rittenberg's Survey of Economics, v. 1.1 covers topics that provide students with the tools to understand the economic way of thinking in a shorter amount of time.
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Intro-level Economics (one-semester)
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
- “START-UP” SECTIONS:
- ”HEADS UP” FEATURES:
These are followed by sections including a clearly written exposition of a topic, an illustrative "Case in Point," and a sample "Try It" problem (with answer included) so students can determine their level of understanding.
Brief sections help clarify often confusing concepts. Ample end-of chapter concept and numerical problems round out the experience.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeSolutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >