Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Personal Finance, v. 1.1
- By: Rachel Siegel
- Version: 1.1
- Pub Date: September 2014
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-6735-3
- Pages: 358
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Personal Financial Planning
- Chapter 2: Basic Ideas of Finance
- Chapter 3: Financial Statements
- Chapter 4: Evaluating Choices: Time, Risk, and Value
- Chapter 5: Financial Plans: Budgets
- Chapter 6: Taxes and Tax Planning
- Chapter 7: Financial Management
- Chapter 8: Consumer Strategies
- Chapter 9: Buying a Home
- Chapter 10: Personal Risk Management: Insurance
- Chapter 11: Personal Risk Management: Retirement and Estate Planning
- Chapter 12: Investing
- Chapter 13: Behavioral Finance and Market Behavior
- Chapter 14: The Practice of Investment
- Chapter 15: Owning Stocks
- Chapter 16: Owning Bonds
- Chapter 17: Investing in Mutual Funds, Commodities, Real Estate, and Collectibles
- Chapter 18: Career Planning
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Personal Finance, v. 1.1
WHAT'S NEW IN 1.1:
- UPDATED SECTIONS:
- ALIGNMENT WITH CURRENT LEGISLATION:
The section “Insuring Your Health” is refreshed, including new material regarding the Affordable Care Act and the resultant “Patient’s Bill of Rights.”
New material in “Ethics and Regulation” sections (and throughout, as applicable) covers recently established consumer watchdog agencies and mechanisms put in place with the passage of The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
In writing Personal Finance, Rachel Siegel's goals were clear and simple:
- To help students develop a strong sense of financial literacy
- To provide a wide range of pedagogical aids to keep students engaged and instructors on track.
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Personal Finance
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- PERSONAL FINANCE PLANNING PROBLEMS:
- INTERACTIVE AND PRACTICAL CONCEPT APPLICATIONS:
The headings, summaries, reviews and problems all link together via the learning objectives. This helps instructors teach what they want and assign problems that correspond to the learning objectives covered in class.
Personal Finance includes personal finance planning problems with links to solutions and application exercises, with links to their associated worksheet(s) or spreadsheet(s).
In addition, the text boasts a large number of links to videos, podcasts, experts’ tips or blogs, and magazine articles to illustrate the practical applications for concepts covered in the text.
Finally, the modular nature of the
chapters lends itself to the Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allowing instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTestbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >