Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Launch! Advertising and Promotion in Real Time, v. 1.0
- By: Michael Solomon, Lisa Duke Cornell and Amit Nizan
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: February 2009
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2685-5
- Pages: 318
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Meet SS+K: A Real Agency Pitches a Real Client
- Chapter 2: A User’s Manual: Advertising, Promotion, and Marketing Essentials
- Chapter 3: Advertising and Society
- Chapter 4: Consumers and the Communications Process: SS+K Gets to Know Its Consumers
- Chapter 5: Know Your Audience: SS+K Learns All About msnbc.com, Inside and Out
- Chapter 6: Segment, Target, and Position Your Audience: SS+K Identifies the Most Valuable News Consumer
- Chapter 7: Decide What You Can Afford to Say: msnbc.com Sets the Budget
- Chapter 8: Create a Strategy: SS+K Puts Its Research to Use as the Agency Creates the Brief
- Chapter 9: Choose Your Communication Weapons: SS+K Decides Upon a Creative Strategy and Media Tactics
- Chapter 10: Plan and Buy Media: SS+K Chooses the Right Media for the Client’s New Branding Message
- Chapter 11: Execute on All Platforms: SS+K Goes into Production Overdrive
- Chapter 12: Make the Message Sell: SS+K Ensures that All Components Tell the Brand Story
- Chapter 13: Launch! msnbc.com’s First-Ever Branding Campaign
- Chapter 14: ROI: msnbc.com Decides if the Campaign Worked
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook $69.95
- Online Access [Required] + Color Textbook $139.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Color Textbook $159.95
Launch! Advertising and Promotion in Real Time
Michael Solomon, Lisa Duke Cornell and Amit Nazan
In writing Launch! Advertising and Promotion in Real Time, the authors’ goals were simple:
- To teach advertising concepts by reverse engineering a real advertising campaign from beginning to end.
- IN-DEPTH CAMPAIGN ANALYSIS:
- “BEHIND THE CURTAIN” APPROACH:
- VARIED PERSPECTIVES:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Advertising, Promotion
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
In April 2007, SS+K, an innovative New York City communications agency, launched the first ever branding campaign for msnbc.com with the tag "A Fuller Spectrum of News." Launch! follows that campaign from initial agency pitch through roll-out of print and media assets to post-campaign analysis.
This textbook exposes readers to the theory and concepts of advertising and promotion and the personalities and decisions that drove this campaign behind the curtain“ — even letting you see some of the paths not chosen by the agency and client.
Students get a realistic sense of how theory plays out in practice and get a flavor for the exciting field of advertising and promotion. This textbook exposes students to perspectives of both the advertising agency and the client.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeOther Supplements
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed information
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >