Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Sexuality and Our Diversity: Integrating Culture with the Biopsychosocial, v. 1.0
- By: Marcus Tye
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: April 2013
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-5522-0
- Pages: 662
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Perspectives on Sexuality in a Cultural and Historical Context
- Chapter 2: Studying Sexuality: Research Methods and Challenges
- Chapter 3: Sexual Bodies: Anatomy and Physiology
- Chapter 4: Gender Identity and Sexual Development
- Chapter 5: Attraction, Arousal, Response, and Sexual Orientation
- Chapter 6: Sexual Relationships, Love, and Communication
- Chapter 7: Sexual Behavior Across Cultures
- Chapter 8: Gender and Sexuality Across the Lifespan
- Chapter 9: Variations in Sexual Behavior: Kinks, Fetishes, and Paraphilias
- Chapter 10: Fertility, Contraception, and Abortion
- Chapter 11: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Parenthood
- Chapter 12: Sexual Difficulties, Dysfunctions, and Treatments
- Chapter 13: Sexually Transmitted Infections and Prevention
- Chapter 14: Sexual Aggression and Coercion
- Chapter 15: Sex as a Commodity and the Regulation of Sexuality
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Sexuality and Our Diversity: Integrating Culture with the Biopsychosocial
Marcus Tye’s goals in writing Human Relations were simple:
- To explore and explain human sexual diversity through the dimensions of biology, culture, psychology, sociology, history, and philosophy
- To provide faculty with a fully developed teaching package to reach that goal.
- COVERAGE OF GLOBAL ISSUES:
- STREAMLINED APPROACH:
- FLEXIBLE ORGANIZATION:
- CORE CONCEPTS & DEPTH:
- INTEGRATION OF VARIED DISCIPLINES:
This textbook is suitable for these courses: Human Sexuality
This textbook is suitable for sophomore and junior level students with a wide range of skill or interest levels.
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4-year institutions.
Sexuality and Our Diversity: Integrating Culture with the Biopsychosocialboasts the following areas of content emphasis and organization:
Sexuality and Our Diversity features several pressing global health issues. It explains parallel relationships between gender roles, economic circumstances, and health in many countries, including the U.S., so as to make material relevant to students.
Marcus Tye took special care to avoid redundancy in readings, allowing for cultural and historical depth and a wider range of research from relevant disciplines.
The chapters in Sexuality and Our Diversity are organized using two or three "Parts,” providing breaking points for instructors. It also allows additional flexibility to remap readings to a new semester’s calendar. This is especially useful if an instructor teaches both accelerated and regular terms or is switching from a text with a different organization.
As human sexuality is an important component of many different curricula, this text does not assume that students have had introductory psychology or introductory biology. Each section begins with a foundation of core concepts and builds to content and topics appropriate for advanced students. Research is explained so that less prepared students can understand complex material.
This textbook is based on the belief that a full understanding of human sexuality requires integration of culture, psychology, and biology. It explores disparate disciplines while bridging contemporary issues without forgetting the importance of historical context.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >