Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Health Now: An Integrative Approach to Personal Health, v. 1.0
- By: Linda White
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: June 2013
Not Yet Published
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Health for Life
- Chapter 2: Integrative Medicine
- Chapter 3: Nature and Nuture
- Chapter 4: Stress Less
- Chapter 5: Getting the Sleep You Need
- Chapter 6: It’s All in Your Head: Mental Health and Headaches
- Chapter 7: Social Life
- Chapter 8: You Are What You Eat
- Chapter 9: You Were Meant to Move
- Chapter 10: Body Weight
- Chapter 11: Substances of Abuse
- Chapter 12: Function of the Immune System
- Chapter 13: Coping with Common Infections
- Chapter 14: Men’s and Women’s Health
- Chapter 15: Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes Mellitus
- Chapter 16: Cardiovascular Health
- Chapter 17: Cancer
- Chapter 18: Environmental Health—Love Your Mother
- Chapter 19: Appendix A
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
About This Textbook:
Health Now: An Integrative Approach to Personal Health by Linda B. White, M.D. covers the concepts you expect but adds a few important innovations that will capture students' attention and help you deliver the most current content. White pays far more than lip service to the rise of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
> Chapter 2 covers integrative medicine—the marriage of conventional and CAM therapies. And when appropriate, chapters throughout provide an integrative, holistic point-of-view to the topics discussed.
> Every chapter includes: “Assess Yourself,” which offers self-assessment tools for students, and “When to Seek Help,” which offers warning signs to keep in mind.
> Chapter 15 covers men’s and women’s health concerns, exploring the differences and providing both genders with tools to cope with gender-specific maladies.
If flexibility and affordability are important to you, Flat World Knowledge’s Book Editor platform allows instructors to easily personalize the content in this textbook online to fit any syllabus perfectly. Review this entire textbook online, or request review materials to see if this textbook is right for your course and students.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >