Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Money and Banking, v. 1.1
- By: Robert E. Wright and Vincenzo Quadrini
- Version: 1.1
- Pub Date: April 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2991-7
- Pages: 300
What do you want to do?
New Version Available
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Money, Banking, and Your World
- Chapter 2: The Financial System
- Chapter 3: Money
- Chapter 4: Interest Rates
- Chapter 5: The Economics of Interest-Rate Fluctuations
- Chapter 6: The Economics of Interest-Rate Spreads and Yield Curves
- Chapter 7: Rational Expectations, Efficient Markets, and the Valuation of Corporate Equities
- Chapter 8: Financial Structure, Transaction Costs, and Asymmetric Information
- Chapter 9: Bank Management
- Chapter 10: Innovation and Structure in Banking and Finance
- Chapter 11: The Economics of Financial Regulation
- Chapter 12: The Financial Crisis of 2007–2009
- Chapter 13: Central Bank Form and Function
- Chapter 14: The Money Supply Process
- Chapter 15: The Money Supply and the Money Multiplier
- Chapter 16: Monetary Policy Tools
- Chapter 17: Monetary Policy Targets and Goals
- Chapter 18: Foreign Exchange
- Chapter 19: International Monetary Regimes
- Chapter 20: Money Demand
- Chapter 21: IS-LM
- Chapter 22: IS-LM in Action
- Chapter 23: Aggregate Supply and Demand, the Growth Diamond, and Financial Shocks
- Chapter 24: Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms
- Chapter 25: Inflation and Money
- Chapter 26: Rational Expectations Redux: Monetary Policy Implications
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Listen to a podcast here of Robert discussing his textbook and gain perspective on why he wrote a Money and Banking text.
Version 1.1 includes comprehensive figure updates to reflect most current dates and data, and some significant updates to chapter information like: regulatory reform update (Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Protection Act), and newly added suggested readings (based on current research by authors).
The financial crisis of 2007-8 has already revolutionized institutions, markets, and regulation. Wright and Quadrini's Money and Banking V1.1 captures those revolutionary changes and packages them in a way that engages undergraduates enrolled in Money and Banking and Financial Institutions and Markets courses.
Minimal mathematics, accessible language, and a student-oriented tone ease readers into complex subjects like money, interest rates, banking, asymmetric information, financial crises and regulation, monetary policy, monetary theory, and other standard topics. Numerous short cases, called "Stop and Think" boxes, promote internalization over memorization. Exercise drills ensure basic skills competency where appropriate. Short, snappy sections that begin with a framing question enhance readability and encourage assignment completion.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTestbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed information
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >