Customer Service Manager
Location Flexible - Remote
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for a Customer Service Manager at FlatWorld, a fast growing, ed-tech company whose mission is to produce high quality college textbooks and learning tools at affordable prices. We want you to own the entire customer service experience and play an instrumental role in making FlatWorld’s customer service a brand differentiator.
FlatWorld’s Customer Service Manager will direct and coordinate the customer service organization through performing the following duties directly or through their team.
- Direct managerial responsibility for five customer service representatives, including hiring, replacing, performance and compensation.
- Develop FlatWorld’s service strategy including identifying new and emerging trends.
- Monitor service calls to understand and coach employee demeanor, technical accuracy and conformity to company best practices.
- Work on escalated customer service issues, providing solutions to your team and customers.
- Demonstrate quality customer service to team by mirroring this behavior when working with both internal and external clients/customers.
- Provide feedback and insights to management on customer issues, concerns, and trends.
- Proactively develop and implement solutions to continuously improve customer service efficiency to deliver best in service, work schedules and workflows.
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and manage the team to deliver on these goals to ensure continual growth of your team and the customer service function.
- Recruit and train new customer service reps.
- Improve customer service by, for example, implementing department standards, conducting internal and external surveys, evaluating service quality, communicating service metrics and implement changes as necessary.
- Stay current on industry through participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all customer service activities, tasks and discussions.
Directly supervises five employees in the Customer Service Organization. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; encouraging, rewarding and disciplining employees; resolving problems and addressing complaints.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Performance Coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree with two to four years of related experience or related experience and training
- Comfortable working on multiple platforms such as Intercom, Slack, Confluence, Salesforce
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in unstandardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role will be virtual, where the incumbent will be seated for 6 to 8 hours a day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.