Higher Education Publishing Customer Service Representative
Remote - USA Only
We are FlatWorld and we are disrupting the college textbook industry.
About the company
Our mission is to bring textbook prices back down to earth. College professors are our customers. We make their lives easier by ensuring that their students have access to our high-quality, digital-first textbooks, at prices they can afford.
About the job and team
The Customer Support Representative role is an entry-level position, critical to supporting new customers and retaining our existing ones with superior service. You will learn to master our products, allowing you to provide our customers with a great support experience. You will work closely with other teams to provide support and customer feedback to ensure FlatWorld customers are getting the maximum benefits of our services. We are committed to ensure that our customer service is a brand differentiator.
You will be a good fit for this job if you have some customer service skills, however, FlatWorld is scrappy and we want an individual that is an innovative thinker and is hungry to learn and help the firm grow quickly. You need a positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to speak up and voice your opinions about what we’re doing right, what we might be able to do better and the customer trends you see first-hand so we can take action.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining or replicating the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting solution and following up to ensure resolution
- Respond to customers’ inquiries via chat, email, phone in a clear, articulate and timely manner
- Review incoming inquiries and orders from bookstores; process bookstore orders and maintain open communication with bookstores managers to expedite orders successfully
- Maintain and grow existing accounts by providing excellent customer service to faculty, students and bookstores via chat, phone and email
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Identify trends in customer complaints and quickly communicate to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Schedule will be 12:30PM-9:00PM ET Sunday - Thursday
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, software as a service support is a plus!
- Technologically savvy and comfortable learning and working on multiple platforms such as Intercom, Slack, Confluence, Salesforce, Google Suite, Zoom
- Ability to easily communicate (write or speak) in English
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a virtual environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work quickly and maintain a sense of urgency in closing out customer support cases
- Have a passion for providing great customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role will be virtual, where the incumbent will be at a computer monitor 8 hours a day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply through Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/higher-education-publishing-customer-service-representative-1b8da7ea6ac70bb5. Thank you.