About the job
Adoption of FlatWorld’s affordable, high-quality textbooks and online educational products has grown tremendously over the last six years. We want you to join our team so we can further extend our help for professors with their teaching and college students with their education. We’re looking for a driven Marketing Coordinator to help build and maintain our expanding program. The role includes a wide variety of responsibilities and is a good opportunity for the right candidate to learn strong marketing practices and develop skills while being part of a rapidly developing program.
About the team
We are a small, remote, nimble team, supporting each other through collaboration to better our online marketing practices through iterative approaches in alignment with organizational strategy. Our structure allows individuals to work independently while collaborating where needed and ensuring alignment. We listen carefully to others and treat our team, peers, and customers with respect.
You will be a good fit for this role if you’re enthusiastic about the prospect of helping to build and optimize a marketing program for success. You’re highly organized, a strong communicator, productive, and detail-oriented, with highly developed project management skills and a keen interest in marketing. You’re also able to measure, adjust, and apply learnings focused on the long-term success of the program. Ideally, you’ll have experience in social media marketing, and come with skills in copy creation and design.
Content delivery & management
· Schedule social media posts and paid advertising.
· Write copy for campaigns across a variety of assets including email, web and social media.
· Prepare and maintain email marketing lists.
· Coordinate the creation of copy with other teams at FlatWorld, organizing review and approval stages.
· Coordinate the execution of integrated marketing campaigns and tactics, maintaining and owning the marketing calendar.
· Curate and maintain campaign assets, collateral and digital content.
· Be responsible for the creation of all print assets, coordinating with other teams on requirements, review and approval.
Communication & reporting
· Work closely with freelancers to coordinate the creation of campaign assets.
· Track individual campaign progress and assist in gathering campaign data to assist with program-level reporting.
· Work closely with the sales team to gain insight into individual and group needs and provide them with detail into upcoming campaigns.
· Own the communication with outside departments to ensure deadlines are met.
· Be the go-to marketing representative for day-to-day needs.
General administrative support
· Assist in proofing, editing and testing campaigns prior to deployment.
· Assist stakeholders in preparing marketing reports.
· Monitor marketing inboxes and social media messages.
· Ensure leads are properly assigned, and that there is a smooth flow of information between systems.
Qualifications & Experience
· 2+ years of project management and/or marketing experience with measurable success.
· Knowledge of digital marketing such as content marketing, email marketing, or event marketing.
· Familiarity with marketing automation systems such as Pardot, in addition to Salesforce and Airtable is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
· Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Proactive, driven, curious, highly motivated, and accountable.
· Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within a team environment.
About the company
FlatWorld publishes high-quality college textbooks at prices students can afford. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students through our technology platforms, like our online homework platform.
FlatWorld embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.