Publishing — Account Manager
(Full-time and Part-time positions available)
We are FlatWorld and we are changing the textbook world.
About the company
FlatWorld is growing fast. Our mission is to produce high quality college textbooks at affordable prices. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students for a decade, but new management sees even bigger opportunities to make an impact in higher education. We want to empower instructors and put them back at the center of teaching. Our growing library of over 125 customizable, digital-first textbooks, puts the instructor in control from the start and removes some of the barriers to students having the right text in their hands.
Teaching can be hard. Textbooks don't have to be.
About the job and team
The Account Manager role is an entry-level position, critical to attracting new customers and retaining our existing ones. With a clear mastery of our products, you will be the point person for all accounts. You will work closely with our external sales team providing support and customer feedback to assist in winning business and spreading the reach of FlatWorld. We are committed to providing our customers with A+ selling support and service and it all starts with the people on the team.
You will be a good fit for this job if you have some sales and customer service skills, however, FlatWorld is scrappy and we want an individual that is an innovative thinker and is hungry to learn and help the firm grow quickly. You need a positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to speak up and voice your opinions about what we’re doing right, what we might be able to do better and the customer trends you see first-hand so we can take action.
Critical functions and responsibilities
- Respond to professors and student inquiries regarding the product and service questions in a timely manner
- Assist in providing exceptional user experience to customers by providing website help and support and troubleshooting issues
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Process and invoice bookstore orders and maintain open communication with bookstores managers in order to expedite orders successfully
- Perform Print audit – From Cengage and LSI – determining how fast orders are processed, keeping track if any order has been on hold for too long
- Work with sales, marketing, and product developers to drive the mission and communicate to prospective customers our value proposition and solutions
- Maintain knowledge of company products, services and website functionality and information
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Coordinate the Integration of different Institutions’ Learning Management Systems with the firms Homework System and maintain communication
- Identify at-risk customers and take ownership communicating key trends to departments internally
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and communicate specific workflows requiring improvement in Salesforce and other systems
- Maintain and create user guides and documentation for different processes internally and for customers
- Perform online demos to prospects and convert to adoptions
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up via email or phone
- Route leads to appropriate sales rep
- Team with sales reps to build pipeline and close deals
- Process book adoptions
- Live in the Boston Area
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 0-2 years of experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Ability to forge relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work with and maintain a sense of urgency during peak selling and customer service season
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
FlatWorld is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.