EdTech — Marketing Coordinator
FlatWorld — Corporate Office Boston, MA
We are FlatWorld and we are changing the textbook world.
About the Company
FlatWorld is growing fast. Our mission is to produce high-quality college textbooks at affordable prices. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students for a decade, but new management sees even bigger opportunities to make an impact in higher education. We want to empower instructors and put them back at the center of teaching. Our growing library of over 135 customizable, digital-first textbooks, puts the instructor in control from the start and removes some of the barriers to students having the right text in their hands.
We're bringing textbook prices back down to earth.
About the Job and Team
The Marketing Coordinator role is an entry-level position, critical to assisting the marketing and sales teams to reach their goals. In this role, you will be executing our marketing strategy across various print and digital channels, building data reports, and completing administrative tasks. This role reports directly to the Head of Marketing.
You will be a good fit for this job if you believe in our mission to make textbooks affordable and want to empower professors and higher-ed students. You have some marketing or business experience and are looking to expand your knowledge. You are detail-oriented and technologically savvy and organized. FlatWorld is scrappy and we value an individual who is an innovative thinker and is hungry to learn and be a part of a rapidly evolving marketing department. You need a positive, can-do attitude.
Critical Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing marketing data; organizing promotional presentations; building emails; posting to our social channels; updating marketing calendars
- Prepare sales and marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from Salesforce, Pardot, Google suite, and social media accounts
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt of order
- Support a large outside sales staff by providing sales data, sending marketing materials, and relaying customer service requests
- Post and schedule content to our social media platforms
- Build and send marketing emails
- Complete administrative tasks such as mailing boxes, running data reports, placing print orders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree, ideally in a Marketing or Business related field
- 1-2 years of experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with managing social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative, and demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Salesforce. Preferred knowledge of Salesforce Pardot.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Preferred working knowledge of Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics
- A passion for learning and growth
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Ability to forge relationships internally and externally
How to Apply
FlatWorld is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.