The Power of Selling
- Kimberly Richmond
- February 2019
- Page Count:
- Online Ebook Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Ebook Price:
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Marketing, Personal Selling, Sales, Selling, Salesmanship, Professional Selling.
Richmond’s goal in writing The Power of Selling was simple. The author wanted to make the selling process come alive for students in the classroom, to teach students how to apply the fundamentals of selling, how to sell themselves, and to get the job they want with the same process professional sales people learn for their own selling skills. This textbook uses the traditional selling tenets as its foundation and adapts the concepts to the rapidly changing world of business in today’s environment, including the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, wikis, and other interactive ways of connecting with customers.
- Chapter dedicated to social selling (using social media to make connections and build relationships).
- Selling U section focused on helping students leverage social media for their personal brand and internship and job search including short step-by-step “how to…” videos.
- Social selling meets personal branding – LinkedIn semester-long project to give students a head start on their profile and network.
- Updated real world stories, examples and videos featuring sales professionals to demonstrate key concepts in each chapter.
- More role plays and interactive activities in each chapter to engage students inside and outside the classroom by practicing selling skills (for in person and online classes).
- Sales Shark Tank - Capstone Team Sales Project including outline and framework for a sales proposal and sales presentation.
All Instructor Supplements will be available by June 01, 2019.Homework System for this title will be live by June 01, 2019.
- Real-world context that provides insights into how effective selling is actually accomplished.
- Focus on core selling tenets for easy adoption.
- New chapter dedicated to social selling and the role of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms in the buying and selling process.
- Video “Ride-Alongs,” which feature sales professionals talking about key concepts in each chapter.
- Selling U section in each chapter applies the concepts covered in the chapter to a student’s job search.
- More role plays and interactive activities in each chapter to engage students inside and outside the classroom by practicing selling skills (for in-person and online classes). Instructor Resources include:
- Sales Shark Tank—Capstone Team Sales Project including outline and framework for a sales proposal and sales presentation.
- LinkedIn semester-long project to give students a head start on their profile and network.
- Book is customizable for individual professor needs.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
All Instructor Supplements will be available by June 01, 2019.
Homework System for this title will be live by June 01, 2019.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
Test Bank File - Cognero
Once you've completed creating your test, the file can be imported into the following Learning Management Systems: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace/D2L, Moodle and Respondus. Files are also available in Word and PDFs.
Test Generator - Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.