The Power of Selling
- Kimberly Richmond
- January 2019
- Page Count:
- 552 (est)
- Online Access Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Access Price:
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Marketing, Personal Selling, Sales, Selling, Salesmanship, Professional Selling.
Richmond’s goal in writing The Power of Selling was simple. The author wanted to make the selling process come alive for students in the classroom, to teach students how to apply the fundamentals of selling, how to sell themselves, and to get the job they want with the same process professional sales people learn for their own selling skills. This textbook uses the traditional selling tenets as its foundation and adapts the concepts to the rapidly changing world of business in today’s environment, including the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, wikis, and other interactive ways of connecting with customers.
- Chapter dedicated to social selling (using social media to make connections and build relationships).
- Selling U section focused on helping students leverage social media for their personal brand and internship and job search including short step-by-step “how to…” videos.
- Social selling meets personal branding – LinkedIn semester-long project to give students a head start on their profile and network.
- Updated real world stories, examples and videos featuring sales professionals to demonstrate key concepts in each chapter.
- More role plays and interactive activities in each chapter to engage students inside and outside the classroom by practicing selling skills (for in person and online classes).
- Sales Shark Tank - Capstone Team Sales Project including outline and framework for a sales proposal and sales presentation.
All Instructor Supplements will be available by February 15, 2019.
- Real-world context that provides insights into how effective selling is actually accomplished.
- Focus on core selling tenets.
- Interactive demonstration of tools, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Video ‘Ride-Alongs,’ which feature seven different sales professionals.
- Video Learning Segments are PowerPoint slides embedded with videos designed to supplement the course PowerPoints.
- ‘Selling U sections’ that apply the concepts covered in the chapter to a student’s job search.