Research Methods: Core Concepts and Skills for Psychology
- Paul C. Price
- September 2018
- Page Count:
- Online Access Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Access Price:
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Research Methods in Psychology and Experimental Psychology
While Research Methods: Core Concepts and Skills for Psychology is fairly traditional—making it easy for you to use with your existing courses—it also emphasizes a fundamental idea that is often lost on undergraduates: research methods are not a peripheral concern in our discipline; they are central. The overarching goal of this textbook is to present the basics of psychological research methods—focusing on the concepts and skills that are most widely shared within the discipline—emphasizing both their centrality to our field and their contribution to our understanding of human behavior.
- All external links updates and new links added
- Several new "callouts" on a variety of interesting and useful topics
- Eliminated tables of critical values and new focus on using p value calculators
- Added new "Chapter 14: The Big Picture" with a focus on concerns about traditional research practices, their effect on the reliability of research results, and meta-analysis and open science movement as ways to address concerns
- Examples drawn from the entire range of contemporary psychology, including abnormal, clinical, and counseling psychology
- Content and terminology influenced by leading original books and articles in the research methodology literature—as determined by an empirical analysis of the reference lists of secondary sources
- Incorporated concepts from the Undergraduate Psychology Major Learning Goals and Outcomes document commissioned by the APA
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
- In Section 11.3, under the "Professional Conferences" call out box, changed the link for "Undergraduate Research Conferences in Psychology" to the following: https://www.cur.org/undergraduate_research_conferences_in_psychology/.
- In Section 14.2 in the "Exercise" at the end of the section: Added "and" between "meta-analysis" and "try" in the first sentence.