Social Research: Qualitative and Quantitative MethodsVersion 2.0 By: Amy Blackstone
- Learning objectives at the start of every section.
- Key take-aways and exercises concluding each section.
- Includes Recommended Readings.
Social Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Methods introduces students to research design, ethics, and data collection in the social sciences. Balancing attention to qualitative and quantitative methods, Blackstone emphasizes readers’ roles as consumers, citizens, and employees in her descriptions of research methods and their relevance to students’ everyday lives.
- Callout boxes throughout the text containing recommended readings for those wishing for more in-depth information.
- Addition of numerous contemporary and classic examples including discussion of the Stanford Prison Experiment and recent revelations about the study, sociologists’ involvement in contemporary debates over gay marriage, controversies over replication of studies published in Science and Nature, and other updated examples.
- New discussion of research tools and techniques such as Amazon’s Mechanical Turk and sampling via social media.
- Addition of more contemporary images.
- Updated exercises.
- Tables summarizing key terms and definitions at the end of every chapter.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.