This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Programming, App Development/iOS Development, Entrepreneurship Programs, and Independent Studies.
Gallaugher’s textbook breaks down the learning barriers for app creation with a hands-on, video-centered approach. Learn to Program is intended to excite new-to-programming students in non-technical programs of study and will have them building fully functional apps by mid-semester. Students will gain an introduction to core programming and iOS concepts. Version 2.0 has been updated for Swift 4, Xcode 9, and iPhone X-series form factor.
- New and improved apps provide learning examples for students with no programming background through Swift fundamentals and core iOS.
- Updated and extended lecture videos to account for changes in Swift 4, Xcode 9, and iPhone X-series form factor.
- Additional exercises.
- Access to “beta” content that includes bringing students through a social app using Google’s Cloud Firestone and Firebase products.
- Updated and improved set of instructor slides.
- Expanded and refined student quizzes at the end of each chapter.
- Mid-term tests and final exams equipped with answer keys and suggested grading rubrics.
- Introduces core programming concepts.
- Covers core iOS concepts.
- Encourages self-directed learning for a variety of classroom types.
- Continuous high-value annual updates, including adding new exercises and additional content to keep this book up-to-date, fresh and exciting.
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.