Principles of EconomicsVersion 3.0 By: Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- “Heads Up” sections clarify potentially confusing concepts.
- “Try It” sections encourage students to walk through scenarios related to each concept or idea.
- “Case in Point” sections use real-world applications to harness economics concepts in reality.
In writing Principles of Economics, Rittenberg and Tregarthen aimed to present economics as a unified discipline, rather than a bewildering array of seemingly unrelated topics. The authors present microeconomics and macroeconomics around integrating themes, such as the marginal decision rule and the model of aggregate demand and aggregate supply.
New in This Version
- Incorporates research on technological change and the wage gap.
- Addresses the role of education in shaping society and the future of jobs.
- Spotlights controversies surrounding such issues as the impact of minimum wage increases and the efforts to address environmental issues.
- New analysis on the Great Recession.
- Discusses economic growth prospects in the new century.
- Added emphasis on both current issues as well as historical context.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here