In writing Principles of Economics, Rittenberg and Tregarthen aimed to present economics as a unified discipline, rather than a bewildering array of seemingly unrelated topics. The authors present microeconomics and macroeconomics around integrating themes, such as the marginal decision rule and the model of aggregate demand and aggregate supply.
- Incorporates research on technological change and the wage gap.
- Addresses the role of education in shaping society and the future of jobs.
- Spotlights controversies surrounding such issues as the impact of minimum wage increases and the efforts to address environmental issues.
- New analysis on the Great Recession.
- Discusses economic growth prospects in the new century.
- Added emphasis on both current issues as well as historical context.
- “Heads Up” sections clarify potentially confusing concepts.
- “Try It” sections encourage students to walk through scenarios related to each concept or idea.
- “Case in Point” sections use real-world applications to harness economics concepts in reality.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Bank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.