This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Psychology.
Introduction to Psychology is a concise and conceptual introduction to the subject. Stangor focuses on behavior and empiricism throughout the text in an effort to better organize the material with fewer chapters, making it ideal for a one-semester introductory course.
- Updated with new references to DSM-V.
- Reorganized chapters to present social psychology earlier in the textbook, allowing for a better flow of information and concepts.
- Many updates of theory and research examples throughout text along with hundreds of contemporary citations.
- Enhanced focus on critical thinking, with expanded exercises and critical thinking questions in every chapter.
- Real-world examples.
- Chapter features designed to link the principles from the chapter to real-world applications.
- Each chapter has a Research Focus that remind students of the importance of empirical research.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.