This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Psychology, Principles of Psychology, Survey of Psychology, or other basic psychology course
Introduction to Psychology is a concise and conceptual introduction to the subject. Stangor focuses on behavior and empiricism throughout the text in an effort to better organize the material with fewer chapters, making it ideal for a one-semester introductory course.
- Each chapter opens by showcasing an interesting real-world example of people who are dealing with psychological questions and who use psychology to help them answer those questions.
- One or two features designed to link the principles from the chapter to real-world applications in business, environment, health, law, education, and other relevant domains appear in each chapter.
- New artwork to feature contemporary images.
- A set of quiz questions is found at the end of every main chapter section. Students can use these to test their learning.
- Contemporary themes such as Nature versus Nurture and Similarity versus Difference help to open up discussions of cross-cultural differences and gender differences.
- Real-world examples.
- Chapter features designed to link the principles from the chapter to real-world applications.
- Each chapter has a Research Focus that reminds students of the importance of empirical research.
- Quizzes embedded in the book to reinforce students’ understanding of the material as they work through the chapters.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.